You can mirror and rotate the white book, so that it matches the red book. Then you can copy the books into the brochure.
- Click the Pick tool.
- Marquee-select the white book. Select objects (or nodes) using the Pick tool or the Shape tool by clicking outside the objects (or nodes) and dragging diagonally to enclose them in a dotted rectangle, called the marquee box.
- Click the white book so that the rotation and skewing handles appear.
- Eight black squares appear at the corners and sides of an object when you select the object. By dragging individual handles, you can transform an object. The shape of the selection handles change when you scale, resize, or mirror an object. Drag the rotation handles until the white book opens in the same direction as the red book.
- Drag the white book next to the red book.
- Marquee-select the books, and click the Group button on the Property Bar.
- Click Edit menu, Copy.
- Click Window menu, and choose the window that contains the brochure.
- Click Edit menu, Paste.
- Drag the books to adjust their position in the brochure.
2. Create Symetrical Spiral
- Open the Object Flyout, and click the Spiral tool.
- In the Spiral Revolutions box on the Property Bar, type 4.
- On the Property Bar, click the Symmetrical Spiral button.
- Position the cursor at the top right of the drawing, on the black background.
- Drag diagonally to draw the spiral.
2. 1 Customize Symmertrical Spiral
You can increase the width and change the color of the outline of the spiral.
- In the Width box, type 2. Lets you customize outline attributes such as width, style, and line-ending shapes.
- From the Units list box, choose Points.
- Click the Color Picker, and click the Other button. Use to select from a range of colors. Click a color picker to display a series of color swatches, then click the color you want.
- From the Model list box, choose CMYK. A color mode made up of cyan (C), magenta (M), yellow (Y), and black (K).
- In the C box, type 3.
- In the M box, type 52.
- In the Y box, type 89.
- In the K box, type 0.
- Click OK.
- In the Outline Pen dialog box, click OK.
2.2 Change Spiral Size
Now, you can change the size of the spiral and place a duplicate of it at the bottom of the brochure.
Click here to preview where the spirals should be placed.
- Click the Pick tool.
- Click the spiral object to select it.
- In the top Object(s) Size box on the Property Bar, type 0.621.
- In the bottom Object(s) Size box on the Property Bar, type 0.53, and press ENTER.
2.3. Skew the Spirals
You can use the Free Skew tool to skew the spirals.
- Open the Shape Edit fly out, and click the Free Transform tool. Opens the Shape Edit fly out, which contains the Shape tool, Knife tool, Eraser tool, and Free Transform tool. Opens the Shape Edit fly out, which contains the Shape tool, Knife tool, Eraser tool, and Free Transform tool.
Lets you select the last used Free Transform tool, i.e., the Free Rotation tool, Free Angle Reflection tool, Free Scale tool, or the Free Skew tool
- On the Property Bar, click the Free Skew tool. Lets you slant the horizontal and vertical lines of an object simultaneously, relative to the object's anchor point. You can set the anchor point by clicking anywhere in the Drawing Window with the Free Skew tool.
- Click one of the spirals to select it, and drag to skew it.
- Click Edit menu, Duplicate.
- Drag the new spiral to the bottom right corner of the drawing.
2.4 Safeguard Drawing
You can save the file to safeguard your drawing.
- Click File menu, Save As.
- From the Save In list box, choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Double-click the directory in which you want to save the file.
- In the File Name box, type a filename.
- Click Save.
Next Work With Text