Next, you can add the word "Lorem" to the brochure and fit the text to a path with the Freehand tool.
Click here to preview how the text should look.
- Open the Curve flyout, and click the Freehand tool.
Opens the Curve flyout, which contains the Freehand tool, Bezier tool, Natural Pen tool, Dimension tool, and Connector Line tool.
Lets you draw freehand lines and shapes by dragging the mouse, similar to the way you move a pencil on paper.
- On the on-screen Color Palette, right-click the orange color swatch.
Lets you choose a fill color from the on-screen Color Palette, or an outline color by right-clicking a color.
- In the Outline Color dialog box, enable the Graphic and the Artistic Text check boxes, and click OK.
- At the top of your drawing, click in the black area just below the orange spiral, and drag to draw a curve that mirrors the curve in the drawing. Release the mouse button when you reach the second spiral to the path.
- Click the Text tool.
- Position the cursor on the start point of the curve.
- When the cursor changes to the insertion cursor, click to start the text.
- In the Font Size list box on the Property Bar, type 24.
- From the Font list box on the Property Bar, choose Arial.
- Type the word "Lorem" a few times until you have filled the path line.
- Click the Pick tool.
- Click the path.
- From the Outline Style Selector on the Property Bar, choose X.
Opens a flyout, from which you can choose from a variety of line styles.
You can save the file to safeguard your drawing.
- Click File menu, Save As.
- From the Save In list box, choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Double-click the directory in which you want to save the file.
- In the File Name box, type a filename.
- Click Save.
Next: Create Special Effect.