Automatic wireless network configuration is enabled by default in
If you are using non-Microsoft wireless configuration software, you should disable automatic wireless network configuration. To configure settings on the Wireless Networks tab, you must be logged on to this computer as an administrator.
- Open Network Connections.
- Right-click Wireless Network Connection, and then click Properties.
- On the Wireless Networks tab, clear the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box.
- To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
- The Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box is selected by default. If the Wireless Networks tab does not appear, then automatic wireless network configuration is not available.
- You must use a wireless network adapter that supports the automatic wireless configuration service. If you are unsure whether your wireless network adapter supports this service, contact your network administrator or the wireless network adapter manufacturer. For more information about automatic wireless network configuration, click Related Topics.